Lancashire Business View readers: make sure you’re ready for retirement
Navigating the world of retirement plans doesn’t need to be confusing. In our simple, introductory guide we’ll help you understand the basics and get you on your way to the best suited retirement for your lifestyle.
In this newly-updated version of our retirement guide for Lancashire Business View readers, we’ve swapped jargon for shrewd advice that speaks to you in your language. To really get ahead for your golden years, good information is your best friend, so we’ve put together some of the important stuff in one handy package.
We’ve also created a list of three helpful Government resources.
- Achieving the full state pension requires 35 qualifying years on your record. Don’t know where you stand? Use the government’s online resource at www.gov.uk/check-state-pension to assess your current position.
- Should your NI record show gaps, don’t worry. You can augment these shortfalls with voluntary NI contributions, which can deliver remarkable future returns. Check out www.gov.uk/pay-voluntary-class-3-national-insurance
- In the sea of pension schemes, you may have lost track of some plans. It’s estimated that unclaimed pensions amount to a staggering £20bn. Unearth these potential treasure troves at www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details or via the Pension Tracing Service.
In this guide you’ll get an understanding of:
- Figuring out where you want to be
- Finding the path to get there
- Making sure you arrive on time
- Bringing your loved ones along for the ride